Investor Relations Officer obtains 10% budget increase and a promotion
What we did:
- share price in all its components, in absolute and relative terms, including transaction volumes
- share ownership structure
- earnings consensus and investment recommendations
- market sentiment, focusing on the top 5 areas of investors and analysts´ interests and concerns and how well these reflect the key messages that the company was trying to convey
- quantified inbound and outbound IR activities, such as the number of meetings held, information requests handled
- key takeaways from the most recent analysts´ reports
- next steps in terms of calendar, new initiatives for the IR strategy.
Also, the data was benchmarked against the company´s peer group, whenever applicable. Last but not least, in the first of what was to become a quarterly report, we were able to supply comparative information on how the IR departments of listed companies of a similar size had teams of between 4… and 15 staff.
What was the measurable outcome for our client?
The report was so informative and well received by the CFO that he decided to share it with the Board. Both recognized the value of the unique insights it provided and agreed that the Investor Relations Officer needed more resources in order to continue and adequately support the company in its growth journey.
- raise the level of awareness about the strategic role of investor relations within your company. With shareholder activism intensifying, it can be critical to keep your Board regularly updated about who your shareholders are and what they think.
- boost your profile internally as you aspire to new, greater responsibilities. Here are a few examples:
- if your objective is to become a finance director one day, you should enrich your report with valuation metrics, compare your performance to that of your competitors, analyse their reporting format and the key performance indicators they emphasize in their disclosure.
- If evolving into a corporate communications role is your goal, then your report should highlight your ability to manage your company´s reputation with a demanding audience.
- Looking to move to operations? A report focusing on your company´s competitors and what analysts are writing about them will help you build and strengthen the strong network your will need internally.
Get your Board and leadership team understand the value of Investor Relations